FAQs for SRIP 2017
- I am a native of India, presently studying abroad. Can I apply for SRIP 2017?
Yes. You are welcome to apply.
- I am interested more than one project in SRIP 2017. Am I allowed to apply?
Yes. You need to apply separately for each project. Multiple applications are permitted if you are applying to different projects.
- I gave incorrect data while filling up the application form. Can I re-apply?
Yes. You can re-apply with correct data again. You need to inform about this through email to prevent disqualification.
- Is SRIP 2017 open to UG students of all years?
Students in first, second and third year of UG studies are encouraged to apply. Students in their first year of PG studies can also apply.
- Can I contact individual faculty regarding projects floated by them in SRIP?
One can search the internet to find more details about projects floated. You are not supposed to mail the faculty regarding this after applying. Such emails will be ignored.
- When can I know the results of selection process?
The selected candidates will be announced on SRIP website and emailed by the end of March 2017.
- I am available for less than 8 weeks this summer. Can I apply to SRIP 2017?
No. A minimum commitment of 8 weeks is mandatory for SRIP 2017.
- Will I get a certificate on completion of SRIP 2017?
Yes. All students who have successfully completed SRIP 2017 according to their faculty guides will be provided certificates towards the end.
- What is the basis of selection in this internship programme?
Candidate's overall profile is reviewed including academic background, performance, research interests, alignment with proposed projects and prior experience if any.
- What should I write in Statement of Purpose?
You may write what are your research interests, why do want to intern at IITGN, what kinds of problems you want to solve here at IITGN etc.
- Can I start working on the project before arriving at IITGN?
The student is encouraged to work on the project even before arriving at IITGN. This will give him/her a good head start.
The student will be required to submit a research proposal one week after arriving at IITGN, so this early work may be very helpful.