Summer Research Opportunity for Faculty of Other Institutions
For whom: Faculty of prominent engineering institutions. IITGN may at its discretion also award this fellowship to teachers of other colleges/universities.
Objectives: To provide opportunities to faculty of other institutions to
- participate in ongoing research projects at IITGN
- undergoing mentorship by faculty of IITGN and
- participate in developmental initiatives – [development of laboratories, new elective courses etc.]
- Applicants are required to work with a member of IITGN faculty and maintain regular work time.
- Applicants are required to submit a report to IITGN at the end of the tenure.
- Monthly honorarium of Rs. 20,000/-
- Single furnished accommodation; visitors are required to pay for their own food/meals.
- Return rail travel (2nd AC) between Ahmedabad and place of work for joining IITGN and returning to parent institution.
- Applicants can spend at most 3 summers at IITGN under this program.
- Each member of the faculty of IITGN can work with at most 2 visitors in a given summer.
- Coordinate with appropriate faculty at IITGN.
- Click here for FAQ.
Duration: At least 8 weeks within summer break. Last date for receiving applications is March 10, 2017.
Eligibility: The applicant must currently be a full-time faculty member at an institution and have a teaching experience of at least 2 years.
Provisions for visitors: