- I am a native of India, presently studying abroad. Can I apply for SRIP 2018?
Yes. You are welcome to apply.
- I am interested more than one project in SRIP 2018. Am I allowed to apply?
Yes. You need to apply separately for each project. Multiple applications are permitted if you are applying to different projects.
- I gave incorrect data while filling up the application form. Can I re-apply?
Yes. You can re-apply with correct data again. You need to inform about this through email to prevent disqualification.
- Is SRIP 2018 open to UG students of all years?
Students in first, second and third year of UG studies are encouraged to apply. Students in their first year of PG studies can also apply.
- Can I contact individual faculty regarding projects floated by them in SRIP?
One can search the internet to find more details about projects floated. You are not supposed to mail the faculty regarding this after applying. Such emails will be ignored.
- When can I know the results of the selection process?
The selected candidates will be announced on SRIP website and emailed by the end of March 2018.
- I am available for less than 8 weeks this summer. Can I apply to SRIP 2018?
No. A minimum commitment of 8 weeks is mandatory for SRIP 2018.
- Will I get a certificate on completion of SRIP 2018?
Yes. All students who have successfully completed SRIP 2018 according to their faculty guides will be provided certificates towards the end.
- What is the basis of selection in this internship programme?
Candidate’s overall profile is reviewed including academic background, performance, research interests, alignment with proposed projects and prior experience if any.
- What should I write in Statement of Purpose?
You may write what are your research interests, why do want to intern at IITGN, what kinds of problems you want to solve here at IITGN etc.
- Can I start working on the project before arriving at IITGN?
The student is encouraged to work on the project even before arriving at IITGN. This will give him/her a good head start. The student will be required to submit a research proposal one week after arriving at IITGN, so this early work may be very helpful.
- Is IITGN campus accessible to differently abled persons?
Yes. The campus environment is friendly for differently-abled persons and allows them to have independent mobility and functioning. It is equipped with special facilities like: ramps, rails, special lavatories to suit the needs of differently abled persons.
- Is IITGN campus safe for women?
Yes. The campus atmosphere is very safe for girls/women with good residential facilities. It encourages girl students to pursue higher education without any bias/discrimination.
- Can I get Hostel accommodation during internship?
Yes. Hostel accommodation will be provided to all the summer interns and they are required to pay the applicable hostel charges.
- How much stipend is provided to the interns?
Weekly SRIP stipend of INR 2000/- for minimum 8 weeks duration of internship at IITGN, is provided to most of the interns. However, this amount may vary for faculty funded interns.