Frequently Asked Questions
• I am a native of India, presently studying abroad. Can I apply for SRIP?
Yes. You are welcome to apply.
• I am interested in more than one project in SRIP. Am I allowed to apply?
Yes. You need to apply separately for each project. Multiple applications are permitted if you are applying to different projects.
• I gave incorrect data while filling up the application form. Can I re-apply?
Yes. You can re-apply with correct data again.
• Is SRIP open to UG students of all years?
Students in first, second and third year of UG studies are encouraged to apply. Students in their first year of PG studies can also apply.
• Can I contact individual faculty regarding projects floated by them in SRIP?
One can search the internet to find more details about projects floated. You are not supposed to mail the faculty regarding this after applying. Such emails will be ignored.
• When can I know the results of the selection process?
The SRIP results are expected to be announced on SRIP website and the emails will be sent to the selected interns by the end of March.
• I am available for less than 8 weeks this summer. Can I apply to SRIP?
No. A minimum commitment of 8 weeks is mandatory for SRIP.
• Will I get a certificate on completion of SRIP?
Yes. All students who have successfully completed SRIP according to their faculty guides will be provided certificates towards the end.
• What is the basis of selection in this internship programme?
Candidate’s overall profile is reviewed including academic background, performance, research interests, alignment with proposed projects and prior experience if any.
• What should I write in Statement of Purpose?
You may write what are your research interests, why do want to intern at IITGN; and how you will be able to contribute to the particular research project based on your previous exposure /training during your undergraduate programme.
• Can I start working on the project before arriving at IITGN?
The student is encouraged to work on the project even before arriving at IITGN. This will give him/her a good head start. The student will be required to submit a research proposal one week after arriving at IITGN, so this early work may be very helpful.
• Is the Poster presentation must for All the interns?
For the students of IIT Gandhinagar, poster presentation towards the end of SRIP is mandatory. However, external interns are encouraged to participate in this activity to present their work and interact with the larger viewers.
• Is the SRIP report submission is mandatory?
Yes, at the end of 8 weeks duration period, SRIP report should be submitted by all the interns.
• Is IITGN campus accessible to differently abled persons?
Yes. The campus environment is friendly for differently-abled persons and allows them to have independent mobility and functioning. It is equipped with special facilities like: ramps, rails, special lavatories to suit the needs of differently abled persons.
• Is IITGN campus safe for women?
Yes. The campus atmosphere is very safe for girls/women with good residential facilities. It encourages girl students to pursue higher education without any bias/discrimination.
• Can I get Hostel accommodation during internship?
Yes. The current Hotel accommodation charges are INR 100/- per day. All summer interns must pay the hostel charges.
• How much stipend is provided to the interns?
Weekly SRIP stipend of INR 2000/- for minimum 8 weeks duration of internship at IITGN, is provided to most of the interns. However, this amount may vary for faculty funded interns.
• How are the SRIP interns supported financially?
Most students are supported through the resources available with IIT Gandhinagar. Some students are also supported through the donations (e.g., that from Mr. Aniket Singh) for this specific purpose.
• How is the selection made?
Individual faculty members identify the most suitable candidate for their projects.